Contaminated Site Cleanup Challenge: Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI)
Issuance Date: July 12, 2017
EOI Submission Due Date: August 5, 2017
Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contamination of sites by disposal of municipal solid waste or electronic waste, or by poor management of chemicals leading to toxic chemical spills pose a number of hazards to their surrounding environment. Status of these sites and their remediation remains a challenge in India. Lack of adequate resources, knowledge, technology, governance – all contribute to the growing problem health hazards arising from contaminated sites.
To understand and address the scope of this growing environmental health concern, the Centre for Environmental Health at the Public Health Foundation is sponsoring a remediation challenge. The objective of this challenge is to conduct a pilot clean up activity, document the scope of the problem, showcase the cleanup process and methodology, and demonstrate measurable environmental and human health related outcomes.
Period of Performance:
It is anticipated that the duration of the grant will be 24 months, but can be longer depending on the technical scope of the work. The applicant should specify the period of performance for the project being proposed. The award money will remain the same irrespective of the duration of the period of performance.
Budget : INR 40,00,000
This REOI will follow a two-step process to select final applicant:
1. Applicants will first submit an EOI in accordance with this solicitation. CEH will conduct a merit review of the EOIs based on the criteria provided below. Applicants with successful EOIs that demonstrate alignment with project objectives, will be invited to submit a full application.
2. Applicants that submit successful EOIs will be asked to submit a full application. Information about the full application and other requirements will be provided at this time. These full applications will be evaluated and one finalist will be selected.
(Note: Notification of a successful EOI or invitation to submit a full application is not a notification that the applicant will receive an award.)
Instructions: Please provide the following information in three (3) pages or less. Please use Times New Roman 11 pt. font with one-inch margins.
Technical Approach (1.5 – 2 pages)
Briefly describe your technical approach including:
• Statement that clearly articulates the problem that the proposed activity will address
• Technical approach detailing how the approach is innovative, informed by evidence or local practice, and has the potential to be scaled-up
• The national and/or local context in which the activity will be based.
• Discuss current policies, programs or partnerships relevant to the proposed work
• Plan for engaging with local stakeholders and local systems
• The potential for the proposed work to achieve a catalytic effect beyond this grant, as well as the potential for national influence
Timeline and Expected Results (0.5 pages)
Note: Briefly describe the activity’s expected timeline and results, including:
• Timing for the activity, highlighting major tasks and timelines.
• How will progress and achievement be measured?
Program Management (0.5 pages)
Note: Briefly describe how the Activity will be managed including:
• Key personnel involved in the activity and brief summary of relevant experience
• Where project will be based